I have one tried and true recipe for when Steve’s family comes to visit since we’re vegetarians our eating habits tend to be different from theirs. I always make vegetarian spinach lasagna. So, I figured in honor of their visit yesterday I would share my recipe with you.
That is not my lasagna, I totally forgot to take a picture.
So, here’s your ingredient list:
- Lasagna Noodles (whatever kind you desire)
- 1 Big Container of Ricotta
- 1 Jar of Red Sauce
- Package of Frozen Spinach
- Package of Fresh Mushrooms
- Package of fresh sliced cheese
Alright, here’s what you do.
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
- Boil a big pot of water, once it comes to boil throw about half that box of lasagna noodles in there.
- While that’s boiling defrost (if not already done) spinach and drain really well
- Mix your spinach and ricotta cheese together
- Check noodles, they should be not quite done
- Get out a big casserole dish and put a teensy bit of sauce on the bottom (so noodles don’t stick)
- cover the bottom evenly with noodles, then add a layer of the ricotta spinach mixture, then a layer of noodles and then sauce. Repeat this step as many times as necessary. (I usually only have to do it twice.
- Once you’ve added your final coating of sauce on the top cover that baby in sliced cheese
- Put it in the oven for about 35 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling
- SERVE AND ENJOY!!!
Here’s some clever variations: